Saturday, May 7, 2011

The CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE wants to be friends on Facebook.




I was thinking the other morning.

Spending some time imagining how I would communicate with humanity if I was the creator of the universe.

Now before you judge me... I understand this may sound a little far fetched or even dangerous. Of course for others I'm sure being the king of your little kingdom is not a challenge at all.

Anyway...I was pondering and BAM it hit me.

Clearly...I would use my facebook status, I'm sure I'm a little behind, I should be @twittering to my facebook status or some other combination of technology that that my ten year old nephew's knowledge of is immeasurably superior to mine own.

But, then the obvious question that's next is...

Would God friend me or would I friend God?

Or... perhaps we've been hitting that NOT KNOW button for awhile!

A traveling companion to one of the earliest followers of Jesus named Luke wrote a biography recording the life of his rabbi (teacher) because he was compelled that something far beyond the ordinary had occurred.

He felt in some profound way God had communicated with us.

1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.
Luke 1:1-4 (NIV ©2011)

I mean it... seriously what tools would a good God use if a good God were to use tools to communicate with you, me and anyone willing to listen?

Digging deeper...

Why Austin Doesn't Believe: Close Your Bible. Open Your Mind
(Gateway Community Church, Austin, Texas)

Isn't the bible a myth
(Menlo Park Presbyterian Church, Menlo Park, California)

Literalism
(Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York, New York)

No comments:

Post a Comment