Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I have a theory...some vision sharing for "the light of all mankind"




For any new faces to my blog I thought I'd share just a little about the genesis.

I am an avid podcaster. I love my local Church (
Gateway) and I'm deeply inspired by the work, transformation, and teaching that Jesus is inspiring throughout the world.

Today thanks to technology we can all share in the collective experiences of our brothers and sisters around the US and beyond I'm sure. Currently, this is just where my knowledge and exposure ends.

On the evening that Jesus was arrested, tried, and ultimately sentenced to death he spent the time leading up to that moment in prayer. In the course of what is his longest recorded prayer in his follower John's biography of his (Jesus) life.

He prays...

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
John 17:20-21 (NIV)

I believe deeply that Jesus is the biggest visionary the world has ever known and the "all of them" which he refers to is only limited by our imagination.

May we all be one!

Back in 2008... as I was taking my first tentative steps into the podcasting world this peculiar character showed up one Sunday morning in Grand Rapids. Approximately forty minutes later I was hooked!

It was the most inspiring, enlightening, creative, and thought provoking forty minutes I had spent in my life.

Enjoy!

Grasping and giving
Mars Hill, Grand Rapids Michigan

No comments:

Post a Comment