Monday, January 23, 2012

Tangled


Really great thoughts start with about twelve feet of rope. You know those experiences in life that ordinary language just can't quite capture.


"It was like I was on fire!"


I've found in my life... this world would let me look under every spiritual rock out there for truth. Every rock that is except the one that concealed the greatest treasure.


But, I need a picture not just words... a visual metaphor to help me remember where I was. So I made this knotted ball of rope. You see these were the neurons of my mind. The over worked over stimulated synapses of my brain activity that longed for meaning and searched for it everywhere and anywhere it could.


Of course I didn't see it at the time... the world hide it behind the guise of progress or success which it suggested was my road to meaning.


How could a single religion, culture, philosophy, or practice contain an exclusive in road to truth?


Or what difference would truth make even if one could experience it?

The God the Christians believe in just wants to rob us of what brings us pleasure in this world.


Then one day in the fall of 2003 I found myself standing at the edge of my life. As I stood there it seemed as though I could for one brief moment see around to the other side. And there on the edge of my existence just like the most extraordinary sunset along the most beautiful shore stood this carpenter for Nazareth. As the sky touch the earth I could sense my past and my future in one moment... and Jesus said "follow me". So I did and then began the extraordinary process of untangling this mess.


Digging Deeper...


Mosaic in Los Angeles has just completed an extraordinary exploration called "the truth between us". Over five weeks they dove into the worlds of Islam, Buddhism, Atheism, Hinduism, Scientology, Catholicism, Mormonism, and Judaism.


(download the series here)

The Truth Between Us- Islam

The Truth Between Us - Buddhism

The Truth Between Us – Atheism

The Truth Between Us – Hinduism

The Truth Between Us – Scientology

The Truth Between Us – Catholicism

The Truth Between Us – Mormonism

The Truth Between Us – Judaism


May we all ask our questions honestly and find the God big enough to meet you wherever you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment